As a Battery Scientist, you will play a leading role in our Cambridge-based materials R&D team to optimise the materials and systems core to our fast-charging technology.
You will work closely with the materials and cell engineering teams and coordinate cell fabrication and testing and develop methodologies using in-house capabilities and instrumentation. Achieving the goals of the role will be challenging but rewarding, and you will be expected to demonstrate initiative, adaptability, self-organisation and teamwork as part of a multi-faceted team within the company.
- Test and develop new materials to expand Nyobolt's technology portfolio using electrochemical techniques as well as materials characterisation and analytical tools
- Design and execute experiments to gain in-depth understanding of property-performance relationships based on analysis of multiple data sources
- Prepare electrode slurries and operate electrode coating equipment
- Assemble and test various cell formats to validate material performance, and design and coordinate test programmes
- Contribute to expanding Nyobolt’s lab and testing facilities and operation
- Prepare reporting material for internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with wider Nyobolt teams, in particular the cell engineering team, external laboratories, universities, suppliers and vendors where required
- Contribute to the development and protection of IP through rigorous documentation of experiments and preparation of invention disclosures
- Ensure strict safe working standards are upheld
- Postgraduate or industrial experience in cell development and electrochemistry or related field
- Experience with pouch and coin cell fabrication and testing; industry experience desired
- Understanding of structure-property relationships of materials in electrochemical applications
- Knowledge of experimental design, testing hypotheses, and interpreting results
- Clear communication skills
- Comfortable analysing datasets with software such as Excel or JMP
What you will have at Nyobolt:
- Competitive salary
- Private Health Insurance and Health cash plan
- Company supported pension plan
- Death in Service Program
- Dynamic, cross-functional working environment
- Flexible working
- 33 days annual leave including public holidays
- Career advancement and opportunities
Nyobolt offers high-performance battery and charging technologies to create a world where lengthy charge times no longer exist. The company’s technology builds on over a decade of research to bring end-to-end fast charging solutions to applications ranging from power tools and home appliances to electric vehicles and industrial robotics.
Nyobolt has assembled a world-leading implementation team combining decades of experience in pioneering companies across the electric vehicle and battery value chains through operations in the UK, US, and Asia.